It is TGFF’s desire to inspire, invest, and involve ourselves and others in order to further programs that achieve sustainable solutions for independence. To qualify for TGFF grant, organizations must have a family grant sponsor. Conference calls, site visits, and other information gathering tools will be included during and after the proposal development process.
Applications must be submitted in final form to TGFF by the Quarter Deadline date. (Dates are listed below)
Determine with your family grant sponsor what application is needed for your grant request:
- Mini Grant Application: Mini grants are often used for a first time grant as we are getting to know an organization, or to support an organization where this type of funding better fits in their financial picture. Mini Grants funding requests are limited to $5,000. An abbreviated report will be requested to enable the organization to share its success with the grant. Access the mini grant application here.
- TGFF regular application: For requests exceeding $5,000. This application is more detailed and will require the organization to report on its outcomes during and after the completion of the project. Application can be downloaded here.
Key ideas to include in the proposal
- We are looking for proposals which outline effective ways to achieve inspiring, sustainable outcomes, aligned with our mission and invest in furthering the independence of others.
- Prospective grantee’s willingness to leverage requested TGFF funding in ways that will attract additional sustaining funding will be given the highest priority. Encouraging partnerships necessary to increase sustainability and effectiveness will positively influence the grant making process.
- Multi-phase funding may be considered to achieve long-term outcomes and sustainability of your project.
- Grants will be awarded to those organizations that have, in the Board’s opinion, the best potential of accomplishing The Gibney Family Foundation Mission.
After submission of proposal
- Prior to determining your proposal, grant sponsors or TGFF’s grant team may contact you for clarification or questions pertaining to the proposal. Requesting revisions to your application is common.
- Organizations with approved proposals will receive an official TGFF acceptance letter via email. Attached to this email will be a grant contract which needs to be signed and returned to TGFF. After the contract is returned to TGFF, the funds granted will be released and mailed to your organization’s mailing address.
- In some cases, final determination to award a grant will be contingent upon meeting the matching or challenge component of the proposal.
After receipt of funds
If you are currently working on or have completed a grant with TGFF in the past; a MORE Report (Milestone, Outcomes and Report of Expenditures) must be submitted prior to applying for a subsequent proposal. The report can be located here.
Proposals which fall outside of TGFF Guidelines include
- Those which are not solicited and sponsored by The Gibney Family Foundation grant sponsors
- Organizations who do not focus on individuals who are challenged
- Research projects
- Organizations with a direct connection to a political or government group or a specific religious denomination
NOTE: TGFF grant sponsors cannot individually bind The Gibney Family Foundation to any action, agreement, donation, or grant. The only commitments to be honored by TGFF will be in the form of Grant Contracts or donations resulting from the Board of Directors collective deliberation and vote to support the requests received.
M.O.R.E. Reports (Milestones, Outcomes, Realizations, Expenses) allows our grantees to communicate their progress and success stories.
We request the MORE report to be completed after the project is completed, but no later than one year after the Quarterly deadline for your grant. For instance, if you submitted a proposal for the second quarter, the report will be due one year later on April 1st. Depending on the particular grant, TGFF may require interim reports as needed.
MORE Reports will be required prior to awarding any subsequent proposal or follow-on funding. Download the form here.